25 June 2020
Our Contact Details
Name: Carr’s Flour Mills Limited
Address: East Bridge, Kirkcaldy KY1 2SR
Phone Number: 01592 267191
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, Carr’s Flour Mills Limited (“we”) are a data “controller”. This policy will give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter or purchase a product from our web shop.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We currently collect and process the following information from you:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as names and contact details) that you provide if you sign up to our newsletter or purchase one of our products;
- Financial data including bank account and payment card details when you purchase one of our products;
- Transaction data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us;
- Profile data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you and any feedback you give;
- Usage data including information about how you use our website, products and services; and
- Marketing and communications data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You submitted one of our online forms
- You signed up to our newsletter
- You purchased any of our products from our web shop
Thank you for trusting us with your personal contact information. Signing up to receive our emails requires your name and email address so we can send you our newsletter which will share news, recipe ideas and offers a few times a year – so we won’t bombard you.
This data is not shared, traded, or sold to third parties. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Our website also collects information from site visitors when visiting our website – A different kind of cookie!
Cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook and other social media channels
Why Do We Want This Information?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We have set out below a table of the ways we may use your personal data and the legal bases for doing so:
Legal basis for processing your data
· Registering you as a new customer
· Processing and delivering your order
· To fulfill the performance of a contract with you.
· Managing any payments including collecting and recovering any money owed to us
· Asking you to leave a review on your experience of our website or products you have purchased from us
· Using data analytics to improve our website, products/services, customer relationships and marketing
· Administering and protecting our business and this website
Necessary for our legitimate business interests which include:
· Conducting and managing our business to give you the most relevant and quality experience when using our website;
· Providing you with the best products;
· Providing the most secure experience when using our site; and
· Creating reports about the use of our website i.e. how visitors come to the website, which pages they visit, and other actions that visitors make whilst on the site.
|· To comply with our legal obligations.|
Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as a legal basis of processing your data, we weigh our interest against your interests and fundamental rights to ensure our legitimate interests do not override yours.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com or call us on: 01592 267191.
How do we Store and Retain Your Information?
- Your information is stored with our website on secure UK based servers.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is done at your own risk.
- We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In order to comply with law and to ensure we have the necessary information required in order to resolve future issues that might arise, we retain all personal data for a minimum period of seven years from collection.
- In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on; 01592 267191 if you wish to make an information request.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How to Complain
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy. You can also contact the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113